Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Letter To Myself

I had her at hello..But she had me at goodbye, its funny how everything you hoped for can come crashing down after a simple phone call. I don't blame her for feeling the way she does, I understand why she feels this way. I dont want to give up on her though, no sir I will not. I have faith in us, I know that I love her..I know that with every inch of my body, and surprisingly...the more she lets me go, the more I fall inlove with her. I wont even call this bittersweet, it's more sweet than it is bitter. The only bitterness is the fact that it was unexpected, but hey she's as unpredictable as I imagined, and I love that about her..I love everything about her, from the way she says " poopoo face ", to the way she squeezes my hand after she does something weird cus she knows i'm going to try to let go hehe...I miss that...I miss her...I miss us...

She taught me how to smile when all I knew was to frown.
She showed me how to feel when I did not know how.
She taught me how to listen when I was deaf in both ears.
She picked me up off my feet when I laid down with despair.
She showed me the way when I was lost with no trace.
She made me rich and wealthy, when I had nothing to begin with.
She taught me how to love, when I knew nothing of such concept.

Now at our darkest hour, she is stuck with a frown and doesn't know how to feel. She can hear but doesn't listen, she is down, thinking of what to do. She is lost within the depths of her very own mind and is hopeless. She doesn't know what love is and what to do with it.

Alas, at these cloudy times I will be her sunlight. I will give her a reason to smile for she has taught me how to, I will hold her tight, grasping every inch of her body so she can remember how it is to feel. I will whisper " I love you " in both ears if I have to so she can understand and listen to how I feel, I will lend her a hand when she is down for she has done the same. I will provide her with a candle for her mind so she may find what she is searching for, I will give up all my riches so she may have the sense of hope...I will show her how to handle love once again, for it is not love if it's not with her.

I'm not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment